Monday, May 30, 2011

The House of My Dreams

When I came home on Sunday, from the flea market, I saw a sign that made my heart skip a beat.  The sign, an Open House, at my dream home.  I was already running late, but I just had to stop.  This house, in Attleboro, is the former home of the Garner's, from the Leach and Garner jewelry factory family.  The realtor, Bob Houle, not only let me take pictures for this blog, but he gave me the grand tour.  I am so greatful for the opportunity to view the house.  It was a thrill beyond belief.  I've lived in Attleboro, most of my life, and this is the house, if I win the lottery, that I would love to own.  Actually, they are only asking $399,000 for the house, which is unbelievable.  It's a lot of house and land for the money. I want to move!!

This is the grand entrance.

Yes, there is a brass elevator in the foyer, for the three levels.  The top level, of course, is for the staff.

The house was built in 1912, and this is one of the original porcelain bathtubs.

Upstairs, the men would retire to the pool room.  The light fixture is the only thing left in the room.  It's stunning.

I felt like I was at a mansion in Newport.  This is the side porch.  I can only imagine the parties they had out there.



Only to have a butler's pantry.

Wouldn't a summer porch be wonderful on those hot nights.  This is one of two.



The grounds are impeccable.  The property even has it's own pond.

A view from the back of the house.

The two summer porches on the side of the house.


5 comments:

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Nice Mary Ellen! All that space is incredible. Just think of all the decorating you'd get to do. Hope you win the lottery. :)
Blessings & Hugs,
Karen

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I'll help you pack and move!!
How fabulous!!!

Passionate for White said...

The house is just grand...thanks for the tour!

jacklynn4 said...

Where is this house???? Spectacular!

Unknown said...

I know just where this house is...always wondered what the inside and the grounds looked like. Beautiful!! You'd sure have a blast decorating that house for sure...