Saturday, July 10, 2010

ROAD TRIP

My husband, Ray, and I took a trip to Manchester, NH, to order a kitchen sink.  One of the dealers at the shop told me about a shop in Wilton, NH.  I looked online and saw that White Home Collections was my type of shop.  The minute we pulled up to it, I practically jumped out of the car before my husband stopped.  When I walked in, and told the owner that I came all the way from Massachusetts, and that I owned a shop in Wrentham, a lady who was standing at the counter yelled out, "The Wrentham Country Store"?  I couldn't believe it, Wanda, who is a dealer there, is also a customer at my store.  I was thrilled!!  What a small world.  Even though it is a bit of a ride, it is definitely well worth the trip.  Here are some pictures that I took while I was there.  There are outside carriage house rooms, three floors filled with goodies, and great garden stuff outside.  I know that I will go back, and also bring some of the shop girls with me. 











Of course, I bought some great things while I was there.  Here are some pictures of things now at the shop.  Enjoy.

A great old buggy seat, made in NH.

A green chippy ladder.

Cottage style drop front desk.

A vintage green wicker hamper. 

3 comments:

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

omigosh Mary Ellen...I would LOVE to be one of the shop girls that goes with you next time. (she says with a LOUD sigh) :o)

Passionate for White said...

I've heard so much about this shop from many friends and now you.... looks like I'm going to have to make the trip. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

3 floors? Wow....definitely worth the trip!
Thank you for the tour and sharing these great photos! :)